Monday, June 04, 2007

Kudos to Subaru of America

Our recent purchase of a 2007 Subaru Tribeca featured version 1.1 of their navigation software. A visit to my.subaru.com this AM saw version 2.0 for sale on there, for a price of $248. I was curious how long the new version had been out, so I sent an email from their contact form online. Specifically, I wanted to know whether the 2.0 had been released before we had purchased our Tribeca on 5-30-07. The answer was yes, but that 1.1 was current when our vehicle was manufactured. I had stated I didn't feel paying $248 was right if 2.0 had already been released, and although I did not specifically request it, Subaru will be sending the 2.0 version to us free of charge.

Subaru's response was lightning fast for a web form - under two hours. And in a stark contrast with Saturn, Subaru did not attempt to make excuses, they made it right. Subaru appears to understand customer service. $248 might not seem like much after purchasing a car of over $30k, but Subaru exhibited yet another reason why they are a good company to deal with.
Their small act of "goodwill" will get retold as much as Saturn's failure to back their product.

No comments: