Friday, May 25, 2007

Saturn ignores letter to corporate General Manager

As I initially blogged here, I have been having issues with Saturn over a 2001 L 200. On Wednesday, May 23, 2007, I Fedexed a four-page letter, with 9 pages of email thread transcript, and 12 pages of printout from NHTSA: my complaint filed 5-18-07; the 24 prior complaints filed; and the two recent investigations by NHTSA, the most recent of which has Saturn acknowledging a high failure rate of the timing chain amongst the Ls manufactured November 2000 to February 2001.

That letter, addressed to Saturn Corporation's General Manager, Jill Lajdziak, was delivered on the morning of Thursday, May 24, 2007. This same letter was copied to G. Richard Wagoner Jr, Chairman and CEO of General Motors Corporation; Troy A. Clarke, President of GM North America; Mark R LaNeve, GM North America VP for Sales, Service and Marketing; and Tom Tellepson, General Manager of Saturn of Manassas.

This afternoon, about 4:20 PM EDT, the aforementioned "Adrienne" called, stating that Saturn had received my letter, that Ms. Lajdziak had reviewed it (when asked if she had "read" it, this Adrienne repeated the "reviewed") and referred it back to "Adrienne". She then proceeded to claim that Saturn stood by their previous position - one which admitted responsibility but only offered a 15% discount. Either they are responsible or they are not - there is no in between.

When I asked that Ms. Lajdziak call me herself, I was told that "that would never happen" and Adrienne seemed disinterested when I informed her that Saturn's refusal would be publicized far and wide, and that they cost GM a loyal customer, as I will not buy another GM product again, since it is obvious that GM cannot be trusted.

It also seems apparent that Ms. Lajdziak never read my letter. We'll see if the three in Detroit read it - each was addressed to the correct mail code for the particular individual, sent certified return receipt requested.

No comments: