Sunday, July 30, 2006

Poetry: Sonnet #11 by "glenn"

I am considering republishing some old poetry on this forum, written under the pseudonym "glenn", the first being written on September 25, 1996:

Sonnet #11

These events have opened a flood, a stream
deep in thought of your beauty, of your eyes
I am melted by their luminous gleam --
a green brown to make jealous the blue skies

On top of that, your voice mesmerizes
makes the day easier, takes the mind away
from worries and pains; it emphasizes
a pinch back from dreamland, the real McCoy

Who could call it insanity? Not I!
And the soft touch, ever so sensitive
throws me into a realm, I know not why,
I thought was only imaginative

your beauty goes unacknowledged by you,
which confuses me, as I can't help but view.


9.25.96-1 glenn

No comments: